Wednesday 19 October 2011

The best wedding invitation you'll ever receive.

I came across this this morning on my usual facebook cruising and thought it was just wonderful.

When I was planning my wedding the thing that really struck me was how there were not a lot of truly "original" and "unique" wedding ideas around. I guess with millions of couples having been married before me, most things have already been done at least once or twice

And while I know that this has probably already been done, I've never seen it before, so it's new to me.

It's also lovely, touching and personal. I'd be thrilled to get a wedding invitation like this one day.

As for me, the most unique thing we did on our wedding day was set up a photo booth for guests to write their wedding messages, rather than use a traditional guest book. I know it's passe now, but two years ago the photo booth was still cool and (relatively) unique. And while I would probably never go back and read a book of quickly scribbled messages, I've gone back to look at these photos a few times over the past two years. Here are a few of my faves...







Other great unique wedding moments I've witnessed? A bride wearing her absolute favourite already-worn fuschia pink ballgown as her wedding dress, another bride arriving at the ceremony in her Dad's Mack Truck, and personalised bookmarks as placecards for a wedding held in a library.  All unique (to me) and all cool for different reasons. The first, because my awesome friend was smart enough to know she didn't have to spend $2000 on a white dress to look beautiful. The second for the sheer novelty of the situation. And the third because I love double duty products (nevermind the fact that I didn't pick up on the bookmark/library connection until the next day!)

What's the most unique thing you did, or you've seen at a  wedding?




No comments:

Post a Comment