Saturday 17 September 2011

Icy cool

I don't mind the odd cooking show, I've watched a few in my time. But I can't say I've ever actually jumped up from the couch straight away and made something I've seen on a show.

Well that all changed tonight, thank you Jamie Olvier's 30 minute meals.

Good old Jamie was making a really, really simple home made ice cream. And I mean seriously simple. Frozen berries, yoghurt and honey, smashed up in a food processor and thrown in the freezer.  The finished product looked so good.

"I could make that," I said to hubby. "We've got all those ingredients."

So off I went, dusting off the old food processor and making room in the freezer to sit the bowls upright to set.
One minute berry ice cream. By me, not Jamie.

And here's the finished result.

I used my very favourite Jalna Bio-dynamic organic natural yoghourt (yes they spell it with an extra 'O'). so it was a bit tart - but that's how I like it!!

I think hubby would have preferred it with a nice creamy vanilla yoghurt (without the extra 'O'). Maybe next time.

If you want to try it yourself, here's Jamie's recipe for his one minute berry ice cream.

Easy as. I think I may have to add Jamie's 30 Minute Meals book to my Christmas wish list.

I'd also like his kitchen. If someone could pick it up and drop it inside my house, that would be ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment