Friday 15 July 2011

Unexpected pineapples

I love those moments when, in the process of going about your daily business, something so wonderfully random happens to make you smile unexpectedly.

I had one of those moments yesterday, and I had another today.

After feeding my little Poppet her breakfast, I grabbed the Weet Bix covered bib to throw it in the laundry basket - and upon opening the laundry door, I found a pineapple sitting on top of the washing machine.


Presumably, my husband procured this little beauty sometime yesterday and when arriving home from work, popped it on the washing machine on the way into the house from the garage (where our laundry is bizzarely located).

There it stayed until I found it this morning. It made me smile.

I guess that's what happens when you live in the pineapple capital of Australia.

As for yesterday's random happy moment, my gorgeous (and brand spanking new) sister-in-law Teegan, announced she had launched her own blog - Brown Paper Packages.

Happy news in itself, but what really made me do a little chair dance was the blog's name. Teegs had recently asked what she should call her blog and when I suggested Brown Paper Packages (as the blog would contain all her favourite things), she told me that was already on her shortlist! They say great minds think alike, I couldn't agree more.

Go check out her blog when you can. Teegs has the most unique sense of style and is a lover of all things vintage, quirky and crafty. Looking forward to seeing what she puts out there into blog-world.

1 comment: